In light of the Covid-19 public health emergency, the Village of Kohler discourages traditional trick-or-treating. The village supports Halloween guidelines set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), which do not recommend going house-to-house.
If community members choose to trick-or-treat, trick-or-treating will occur on Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
For those participating in trick-or-treating, we encourage the following:
- Turn on an outdoor light or hang a sign on the door to signal the house is participating in trick-or-treating.
- Leave individual grab bags (or paper cups) filled with goodies outside your door for children to take. If you can, watch and wave to trick-or-treaters through a window. Or, leave Halloween treats outside the door where friends and loved ones live for a contact free way of celebrating.
To avoid contact with residents, the Kohler Police Department will not be handing out glow sticks nor will the Recreation Department be handing out candy.
As alternatives to a traditional trick or treat, the DHS encourages:
- Virtual costume contests and parties. Dress up. Get online with friends and other families to celebrate and rate each other’s costumes.
- Increase what is done at home to celebrate. Decorate where you live. Get the kids involved in making decorations. Bake Halloween-themed treats. Watch scary movies with family, household, or as a group online.
- Stay local. Avoid the urge to attend events in another town – it can lead to greater spread of the virus.
Saturday, October 31 is the last day of open swim for the season. Due to low registration and use the Village has decided to conclude the 2020 open swim season. We look forward to re-opening in April. See you in the spring!
Covid-19 guidelines remain in place for all activities. Social distancing is required on the deck and in the pool. The outdoor wading pool remains closed. Life jackets and puddle jumpers are available at the desk to allow for small children to swim in the big pool. The diving board remains closed. Pre-registration is required for all activities through Signup Genius. https://www.signupgenius.com/ Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner, under search for a sign-up put firstname.lastname@example.org, check on not a robot, and click search.
Please be respectful of the staff and the community by following the social distancing guidelines. We all want to keep our community healthy.
Watch for more information on our Facebook page
Water aerobics and Lap swim registration on Sign-up Genius.
October will see some adjustments to our morning schedules. The school physical education teachers will be getting their classes in the pool during this month. The goal is to get everyone a time in the pool and no overlap of groups in the space. So, this is what October will look like:
- The week of 10/19 & 10/26 all classes will be 7-8am.
- November we are back to normal 8-9am.
These changes will be noted on our Facebook Page. The changes will also be made on Sign-Up Genius. We appreciate your cooperation during this time. Thank you for sharing the pool with these students and allowing them the opportunity to know the joys of swimming.
Open Swim registration on Sign-up Genius
- Pool will be open Saturdays and Sundays, 1-2:30pm and 3-4:30pm.
- Residents and School Choice families only.
- 14 and over can sign up alone.
- Under 14 must sign up with a parent or guardian. If you are on the deck or in the pool you need to sign up for a slot.
- Sign-Up Genius will have slots available for the entire month.
Private Lessons are still available $18 per 30-minute session
Visit our Virtual Recreation page for ideas to keep you active during #Saferathome.